Dedicated To Superior Service in Landlord Tenant Law

(718) 460-5421


A non-payment proceeding is used when your main objective is to collect rent rather than have your tenant removed. This action should end in a money judgment for the amount owed and a date certain by which it must be paid. If the tenant complies with the terms of the judgment, the case is over and the tenancy continues. If the tenant does not comply, you will have the right to have a New York City Marshal evict your tenant and give you legal possession of the premises. This constitutes the overwhelming majority of cases concerning rent stabilized tenants and tenants in small buildings where a lease is in affect.